Welcome
Welcome to Fields of Fire!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Jimmi's 15mm Flashpoint minis

A place for members to share modelling tips and tricks, as well as pics of miniatures, terrain, table set-ups.

Re: Jimmi's 15mm Flashpoint minis

Postby jimmi » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:33 am

Hahahaha! @ Smitty ! , .... mate ...my Bert avatar is supposed to look like that most famous Vietnam Warrior and defender of freedom ..John Rambo !
I even tried to 'muscle him up' on a Microsoft-paint program. (I am learning) . I blew it on the bow methinks ... Rambo had one of those funky sports-compound bows ... my avatar has a child's recurve bow ....crap ! ... where's 'HoChiBert' lurking ????

Thanks for the kind comments !

I'm chuffed with the marker panel outcome too ..note; it's been cropped into an arrow to give an indication of the direction of the enemy.

I bent the officer's pistol-arm up as if to look like he's using a flare pistol. This is going to be my ground-FAC or 'LZ-marshall' (? correct term ?) stand for the 'Marines.

I always like painting up heavy weapons .. it's somehow ...very satisfying ! :blowup

If the enemy is in range ...then so are you .
jimmi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Smitty14 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:10 am

LOL!!!! Oooohhhh....when I look closer I can see the muscles now. You did good on the bow so don't change it. Bert would have to have the kids bow he has short arms. I always love the avatars you come up with. I get a good chuckle out of them.
Smitty14's Wargaming Page - http://smitty14swargamingpage.weebly.com/

Smitty14
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby jimmi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:35 am

Hi gents ... between going away to Capital city in end-January, coming home and catching up on work , filling a few decent-sized orders since, and fighting the forces of telecommunications evil ...I've managed to finish a few things ;

...Some FWF fortification pieces , based on the sandbag walls pieces I've been doing for a bit , I've just taken the idea a bit further to make sandbagged fighting positions ...It started with 'sandbagging' the FPM observation towers and adding a suitable looking roof , which has been repeated for the bunker you see here on the right ...I have dugouts, minefields and barbed-wire obstacles still to paint . These 'emplacements' are intended for various base sizes ...3x3cm and 4x3cm being what I use the most , but 5x3 cm (Battlefield minis' standard infantry base-size) also included... hard to plan to accommodate for all. ..but I think something for every base size here. I have 'dug-in' markers specifically for 5x3 cm base size too. The Arty position is designed for BF's Arty-base size. I have done a pretty basic paint-job without additional flocking etc. to give the idea of what they look like before landscaping any further. I've built up the 'soil' on the outside of the sandbags to give the impression that the inside of the sandbagged position is dug down...you can't see this in these pics but the illusion works well.
A "Rear-Echelon base" set (think Quonset huts and fuel dumps) next !

some VC fortifications ...again for various base sizes ... basecamp shelters, sleeping platforms and caches still to paint .

..some village accessories ...a village well and a redone version of the pigpen and fences that cast out better than the previous versions some of you will have seen as 'extras' in orders from me . I'd like to make some simple platforms on 'wooden' stilts to sit the hooches on to make look like a Montagnard/jungle village next. Forgot to paint up a roadside shrine .

The intention here has been to make 'modular' terrain pieces that can mix-and-match , and accommodate the variety of popular base-sizes well, with the 3x3 cm base size being the 'standard' I've been working to.

More to follow.

jimmi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby jimmi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:00 am

Here is a 'rediscovered' US officer figure who I'm gonna deploy as my ARVN 'liason' /interpreter ...and 'Marvin' his bodyguard (one of my favourite FP figures!) ...and a Montagnard figure who will be assigned as a Kit-Carson scout for my Marines. Both this Officer and 'Marvin' need to be production moulded ...they are getting another dozen ARVN sculpts to join them soon so they don't look so lonely. I went to the trouble to paint these guys up in ARVN 'special forces' uniforms ...but once they are 'faded' and 'weathered' ... you wouldn't know.

...here is my pet project I've been wanting to do for a bit ...a SEAL/PRU 'ambush' patrol (hence the two M60's) ...again I went to a lot of trouble to paint a variety of camo patterns here ..mostly tiger-stripes and ERDL ...but once faded and weathered you can't tell the difference without looking closely. There is also a mix of Caucasians and Vietnamese here ...but once carefully face-camo'd, you can't tell the difference in background skin tones when applying the three-foot rule. I actually went to the trouble of NOT overdoing the face/hand camo so the skin tone difference would be apparent ...didn't work .
These guys are waiting for me to do up an ASPB from Gomi designs (cracking piece of kit ! )
...big water obstacles ? .. yes, that's were we came from ! ...that's how we'll get home ... !

..a SEAL/SF sniper team .. reach out and touch someone !

some smoke markers ...look out RuffPuff ! ... that's gonna be a bad place to stand !

...'splosions !!! ....run RuffPuff ..run !

jimmi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Peabody » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:58 am

jimmi wrote:....run RuffPuff ..run !

:lol :lol :lol Just about sprayed the computer with tea right there....

Great stuf Jimmi.
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here! A blog about minis and gaming.

Peabody
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby sunihanble » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Really good job :)
I like the Armtracks
sunihanble
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Postby Mishima » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:53 pm

Yeah awesome stuff jimmi. Thanks for the plug too :good. Hoping to get some of your stuff sorted soon and painted (and of course posted).
Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing more - both commercial and your own gaming.
Tim
http://www.gomidesigns.co.uk
For 15mm Vietnam Riverine models.
You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Mishima
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Smitty14 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:18 pm

Looking good jimmi!!! The "run RuffPuff run" got me too. :lol

Smitty14
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby jimmi » Sat May 31, 2014 6:16 pm

Howdy ! ,

Have got a few more projects closer to showing off ....

This is a bunch of 'breakable' linear terrain pieces ( ie; fences, sandbag walls and barbed-wire obstacles) which I make in 10cm-long strips but are weakened in the middle to enable to 'break' (or cut) into two 5cm halves.
Can mount on a base for these to be free-standing, or use to further detail other terrain pieces.

I've also made a 'wooden floor' that can break into two long halves to make two 10cm footbridges, jetty/etc.
OR breaks acrossways to make two 5x5cm platforms that will work as a platform...and with the 'animal pen' piece ...makes an ordinary 'hooch' model a 'hooch on stilts' ..jungle style. and i've done a 'jungle-stairway-ladder' so you can get up.
...Or you could NOT break it and have a rustic-looking 20x10cm bridge piece.

The barbed-wire pieces I have designed to look like there is double-pickets at each securing point, but this allows you to drill a little-hole in the piece to secure the 'barbed wire' (actually.. fuse-box-inspectors' wire) with fine wire. No more wire obstacles coming apart ! .... ever !
(.... is the plan!...I'll let you know how it goes. )

The 'well' piece I've just thrown in also because it looked pretty, and a chance to use the waterpots.

jimmi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Mishima » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:00 am

Excellent stuff. Just in time as I'm finally getting done terrain boards together.
Tim
You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Mishima
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Peabody » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:20 am

Only for 15mm you say?

Because those are some good looking, useful pieces!
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing

Peabody
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Mishima » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:06 am

The one true scale. :good
Mishima
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Smitty14 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Oh no you didn't Tim. LOL!!! :lol

Smitty14
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Mishima » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:22 am

Sorry. Couldn't resist. :cheers
Mishima
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Peabody » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:47 pm

:whistle :lol

Seriously though, I bet some of those pieces would work for 20mm... Just need a stand-in 20mm mini on a penny base to judge by.

Peabody
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Art of War