Welcome
Welcome to Fields of Fire!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Asian Shophouse

A place for members to share modelling tips and tricks, as well as pics of miniatures, terrain, table set-ups.

Re: Asian Shophouse

Postby Extra Crispy » Tue May 10, 2016 10:47 am

Laws vary from place to place BUT...

Here in the US this would not fall under the fair use clause. So yes, it would technically be illegal. Fair use covers things like writing reviews, quoting in writing, and satire/parodies. Just becasue you don't do it in mass quantities or sell it does not make it legal. Not that anyone would bother to prosecute...just being a stickler here as I often have to track down illegal copies of my rule books on file sharing sites...
Mark "Extra Crispy" Severin
Owner, ScaleCreep.com
Author, DeepFriedHappyMice.com
Extra Crispy
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Postby L. Sabia Byrne » Tue May 10, 2016 12:25 pm

No problem at all Mark. I think it always pays to have more information and opinions on subjects and issues as opposed to less :coffee

cheers for the clarification

:good
L. Sabia Byrne

Postby Risaldar Singh » Tue May 10, 2016 10:28 pm

As Mark says, laws vary from country to country:

- My books published in the UK have a notice saying something along "no part of this book may be copied or reproduced without the written permission of the publisher"
- My books published in France have something along "copies are restricted to the private use of the person making a copy, not for collective use"
- My books published in Singapore have exactly the same wording as the British ones.
Risaldar Singh

Postby uglyfatbloke » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:34 am

It's pretty certainly not really OK to scan and copy even for your own use, but whether the designer publisher would really care is a different matter. I'd love to get a bunch of these in 20mm for our Malaya/Burma/Singapore games and a bunch more in 28mm for our new Vietnam project, but I imagine I'd just end up with a pile of mashed cardboard...modelling really, really, really is n't my strong point.
uglyfatbloke

Previous

Return to The Art of War