Welcome
Welcome to Fields of Fire!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Some Flames of War Americans

A place for members to share modelling tips and tricks, as well as pics of miniatures, terrain, table set-ups.

Some Flames of War Americans

Postby predhead » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:00 pm

A couple of pics of some painted figures I was able to purchase last summer now appearing on my blog:

http://ambushedinthealley.blogspot.com/

Darryl
Darryl
Ambushed in the Alley http://ambushedinthealley.blogspot.com
We've been up on that hill ten times, and they still don't think we're serious.
predhead
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Some Flames of War Americans

Postby GARRYOWEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Looks like a good purchase.

But please, tell me how you really feel about Battlefront. :lol

Tom
GARRYOWEN
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby jimmi » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:07 pm

:lol :lol :lol

If the enemy is in range ...then so are you .
jimmi
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby L. Sabia Byrne » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:30 am

I find Battlefront minis to be very hit and miss. Their Polish Early War troops are some of the worst sculpts Ive seen in a long time but by comparison, the sculpts done on the more popular ranges (i.e the ranges that don't have new sculptors being trained on them) have got some really attractive detailing. Im happy to use Battlefront so long as the figures meet my expectations... and lets face it, we're all a bit spoilt these days with the quality we have on offer! LOL.

Still, when all is said and done, you got them at a very reasonable price eh? :good
L. Sabia Byrne

Postby predhead » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:40 pm

Okay, since Garryowen asked...let me tell you what I think about Flames of War/Battlefront! :censored :bang :thumbs

In all seriousness, while they have brought a crap ton of folks into WWII gaming, their pricing can be hefty, and the whole concept of Germans fighting Germans in a tourney style atmosphere does nothing for me. But, these Vietnam figs are pretty nice, so I am happy.

It was a stupidly ridiculous price, about a dollar per figure including shipping. I am going to mount them on 15mm round bases (20mm for leader types and maybe 25mm for the couple of gun teams) and try a simpler version of LSB's basing. I love the look of the etched brass vegetation but will probably just do a sand and flock mixed base with a frond or two on them.
Darryl
Ambushed in the Alley http://ambushedinthealley.blogspot.com
We've been up on that hill ten times, and they still don't think we're serious.
predhead
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Return to The Art of War