Welcome
Welcome to Fields of Fire!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Fields of Fire Reloaded Yahoo Group

The forum for community announcements and updates, upcoming events and technical issues concerning FOF.

Fields of Fire Reloaded Yahoo Group

Postby BravoSix » Sat May 04, 2013 4:56 pm

Lads,

I've decided to re-establish the Fields of Fire Yahoo Group. The intention for this is two-fold. Adding galleries and customizations like that to PHPBB Freeforums is more hassle than it's worth. This way, if members don't have hosting, or wish to create galleries/albums of their games/collections they can do so. Also this location can be used for file storage which is equally important.

Finally, with the on and off again reliability of Freeforums, should it ever go down for a lengthy bit of time, or we get plagued with technical issues like the recent log-in/IE fiasco, then we have an alternate location to assemble the troops.

The group can be found here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fieldsoffirereloaded , and please let me know in the approval note your username here on FOF. We're not adding new members over there who aren't already Fields of Fire members here. Once approved, feel free to post links, photos, files, messages to help get the ball rolling and get us established. Of course, this is OPTIONAL and not expected of our members.

Thanks.

-B6
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Fields of Fire Reloaded Yahoo Group

Postby GARRYOWEN » Sun May 05, 2013 11:35 am

B6, is the plan to continue Fields of FIre here? So to keep up with everything, we need to go to both the Yahoo group and here?

I did apply to join the Yahoo group.

Tom
GARRYOWEN
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby BravoSix » Sun May 05, 2013 12:27 pm

No, no. As I said above, it's a back-up location to re-group in the event this place goes down/offline, as well as a place where folks can post files and pics, if they don't have hosting.

THIS location will always be the main location.

-Todd
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby TimberlineSix » Mon May 06, 2013 7:27 am

Todd,

I understand your concern and having a hosting location is a good idea but... Unfortunately I believe the Yahoo group will cause confusion and may hinder FoF Reloaded more then it helps.

Robert
TimberlineSix
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Postby Peabody » Mon May 06, 2013 9:24 am

Something that caused terrific confusion lately over at another online community was the forced migration of all 'Forumer' forums to 'Yuku'. Ugh. Pretty much knocked the Gentlemens Wargames Parlour (which had survived 3 transformations over the years!) down for the count...

While I agree a Yahoo group could provide some confusion, I think as a rallying point for this small but important community it is a solid idea.

Join up, set your email to daily, or weekly digest and then if something harsh happens to our beloved PHPBB forum here, the activity over there will be your beacon for continuity.

In the meantime, if someone decides to host a juicy file or do something our PHPBB makes awkward, the Yahoo notification you set will let you know about it. No need to add 'checking' that board for activity to your day, it's automatic.

Also, this is why it's great to have B6 at the wheel. :idea:
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here! A blog about minis and gaming.

Peabody
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby TimberlineSix » Mon May 06, 2013 9:36 am

Great advice, Peabody.
TimberlineSix
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Postby BravoSix » Mon May 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks Peabody! ;)

See Robert.... there IS a method to my madness. Despite some minor confusion, it's for the greater good. Besides, exposure on Yahoo Groups could also lead some stragglers onto our forums here. :)
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby TimberlineSix » Mon May 20, 2013 12:25 pm

roger bravo six, good copy. I know we are in good hands.
TimberlineSix
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Postby Cuchulainn » Thu May 28, 2015 2:37 am

Is the Yahoo group still operating? I tried to join it but wasn't allowed in. :goodcry :cry :sad
I really need to think of something to put here...
Cuchulainn

Location: A wee, small town in County Tyrone, Northern Ireland

Postby GARRYOWEN » Thu May 28, 2015 2:41 am

It was a few days ago. I received two emails of new postings when this site was down.

Tom
GARRYOWEN
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Peabody » Thu May 28, 2015 8:22 am

Cuchulainn wrote:Is the Yahoo group still operating? I tried to join it but wasn't allowed in. :goodcry :cry :sad

No doubt your authorisation is just going through 'processing'... If nothing happens in a few days, fire up another request and send a PM to BravoSix.

Yahoo is our rally-point should things suddenly go pear-shaped with this forum, so it's good that folks should join. Just don't expect any entertainment over there. :whistle
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here! A blog about minis and gaming.

Peabody
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Mishima » Sat May 30, 2015 6:54 am

Yes. That was me posting site was down but I had a PM and couldn't read it.
http://www.gomidesigns.co.uk
For 15mm Vietnam Riverine models.
You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Mishima
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby BravoSix » Sat May 30, 2015 6:05 pm

You were more than likely denied because you didn't tell me in your message that you were a member of this forum, and your username over here as stated in the opening message of this thread. If the name I see doesn't jive with known members from the main forum, I won't approve the request. This is to deter lurkers who find us via Yahoo. :coffee

-Todd
BravoSix
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby shooter » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:27 pm

Trying to join up but failing on the phone number. How do I write my phone number in, I am from Australia and the first four digits are 0455
shooter

Return to Checkpoint Delta