Welcome
Welcome to Fields of Fire!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

The Battle of Long Tan - book

Links to books, manufacturers, suppliers and other gaming related material can be posted here.

The Battle of Long Tan - book

Postby OTB » Tue May 09, 2017 1:53 am

I just thought I would post a recommendation for this book if you are looking for a good read: "The Battle of Long Tan: Australia's Four Hours of Hell in Vietnam" by David W. Cameron:

http://penguin.co.nz/books/the-battle-of-long-tan-9780670078271

One of the first books I read about the Vietnam War in the 1980s was Lex McAulay's classic "The Battle of Long Tan", so I held off getting this new history when it first came out last year, but it is well worth getting as it fills in various gaps (particularly about the VC units and their command decisions made) and provides a lot more first-hand accounts of the battle from the men of Delta Company, 6 RAR, who took on two VC regiments (including NVA) totalling about 2,500 men.
The McGyver of Nam wargaming.
OTB
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Re: The Battle of Long Tan - book

Postby Mishima » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:32 am

Ooh I have Lex Macauley's but I've not read it.
I have read his other one "The Battle of Coral" though. Very good.
I'll keep an eye out for this one
http://www.gomidesigns.co.uk
For 15mm Vietnam Riverine models.
You write "Born to Kill" on your helmet and you wear a peace button. What's that supposed to be, some kind of sick joke?
Mishima
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Re: The Battle of Long Tan - book

Postby dflynsqrl » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:00 am

Cool, I need to read this as well. Haven't had much inspiration to work on any of my 'Nam stuff in a while.
dflynsqrl
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Return to Intel Center