Welcome
Welcome to Fields of Fire!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Playtesters / Readers Wanted for 15+28mm Skirmish Game

Our main forum for general wargame chatter, miniatures, rules and historical discussion.

Playtesters / Readers Wanted for 15+28mm Skirmish Game

Postby Peabody » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:16 am

Gents, I've been writing a skirmish level game over the last year and a bit that I think you might enjoy.

It started out as a fast-playing Post-Apocalyptic romp in a near-future or sci-fi setting, but it's starting to show some potential for historical gaming as well.

All Units Engage wrote:All Units Engage (AUE) is a set of simple rules for fast-play skirmish games for two or more players. Rules that will allow
you to quickly ‘Stat’ out just about any figure or vehicle in your collection, plunk down some terrain, explain a few
basics, and start rolling dice. The game plays equally well with 15mm or 28mm miniatures.

Games are intended to be short, with an emphasis on achieving objectives inside of a brief span of turns. The
focus is on sci-fi, near-future and post-apocalyptic gaming, but the mechanics are flexible enough to support a wider
variety of settings.

We have been playing this steadily for the last year, but right now I need a few more eyes on the copy and ideally some more dice on the table.
If you think you would be interested in lending a hand, please follow this link to the Lead Adventure Forum where the PM system is working... :blush

Get in touch with me and I'll email you a Draft Copy of the rules, the current QRS and anything else you need to play the Open Beta.

Thanks for stopping by!
-Thomas
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing
Peabody Here! A blog about minis and gaming.

Peabody
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Re: Playtesters / Readers Wanted for 15+28mm Skirmish Game

Postby dflynsqrl » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:27 pm

Sounds cool man!
dflynsqrl
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Peabody » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:58 pm

I made sure you can do insertions via helicopter. :whistle

Originally it was all about those big Mi-24's that keep shooting at you in Stalker, then I started thinking about the Vertibirds in Fallout. By the time I was done writing the aircraft rules I realised I could be playing 'Nam in 20mm with my old kit. :woot
Television is rather a frightening business. But I get all the relaxation I want from my collection of model soldiers. P. Cushing

Peabody
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby dflynsqrl » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:52 pm

I just started playing Fallout 4 recently. A little late to the game, but wow there's all kinds of fun terrain ideas.
dflynsqrl
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Postby Troubled_child » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:21 am

My group may be interested. I'll get Revford over on LAF to PM you.
Happiness is a cold LZ
Troubled_child

Postby Peabody » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:50 am

Awesome. I'd love to have more folks over at the LAF involved! :cheers

Peabody
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Return to Hell's Half Acre